Glowing Skin reflects a YOUNGER YOU. It is absolutely more presentable which adds up a lot to your beauty, charm, as well as confidence. Undoubtedly it makes you look a lot younger.
Skincare and beautiful skin aren’t just for women, everyone needs it. No one wants a skin with wrinkles, acne, spots, and dullness.
Also, your face is the mirror of inner you and your lifestyle.
Skin health depends on various factors such as genetics, environment, lifestyle, hormones, etc.
Bad habits and a bad lifestyle are always reflected in the face.
It can be the major reason for making you look old, giving you bad skin health. Unfortunately, nowadays rising pollution & stress levels are adding up more to it.
Here I won’t be telling you any super home remedies and ‘desi nuskas’ for having that ever-shiny complexion, you can find plenty of those over the internet.
Rather let me tell you my super easy lifestyle hacks and fixes which you can follow for flawless radiant skin.
These tips for glowing skin will not only give you a soft appealing skin but will also prevent you from any sort of skin related problems.
#1) Hydration (Water Water & More Water):
Dehydration & Inflammation = BAD SKIN
Well, well, I know you are tired of listening to this hell a lot of times probably.
But what can be the best hydrant and detoxifier except the ultimate “WATER”?
Don’t forget that your skin cells are made up of water just like any other cells in the body, and you need to keep them well hydrated.
Drinking ample water throughout the day is the best way to do that and flush those toxins & dead skin-cells out from your body.
More the hydration & flushing out of the toxins, better the SKIN quality
It can even fix a clogged skin, minimize wrinkles and inflammation in the body.
Drinking more water will also help you to get rid of water retention which makes the face look puffier taking away all of its charms.
WATER is the #1 secret of celebrities for keeping their skin glowing and healthy.
- Drink 3-5 liters of water in a day. Yeah, you need to take that effort of going to the washroom every 15-20 minutes.
- Sip 1-2 glasses of water as soon as you get up in the morning. Consider adding up Apple Cider Vinegar in it – it balances the PH levels (acidity) in your body.
- Especially make sure your body is getting a lot of water around your workouts, and in summers.
NOTE: Low/depleted water levels have a direct impact on skin health.
#2) Healthy Diet:
Go to any of the Dermatologists, and the first thing he/she may be doing is to ask you about your lifestyle and your diet.
The benefits of a healthy diet are not just limited to one’s physical health, but also the internal health which reflects on your appearance and complexion. It makes sure your skin is well-nourished.
Even your skin needs those essential nutrients in a balanced way.
JUNK OILY FOODS can make a major breakout on your overall appearance and health.
- Eat Fish (richest source of Omega 3s) – Superfood for beautiful clear skin if you are a non-vegetarian.
- Add Up Fruits Having High Water Content & Vitamin C (citrus fruits): Oranges, Lime, Watermelon, Black Grapes, Papaya, Kiwis & Strawberries, etc.
- Have Lots Of Green Salad: Cucumber, Broccoli, Spinach, Bell peppers, Cabbage, etc.
- Add Nuts – Almonds & Walnuts.
These foods are denser nutrition-wise. They are loaded with lots of micro-nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants) essential for a soft, supple and shining skin.
#3) Stop Overexposure to the Sun:
You heard it right. You have always been listening to the advice of exposing yourself more to the sun to get that ‘Vitamin D’.
But when it comes to skincare and glowing skin, you gotta do the opposite.
Our skin is a very delicate part, The UV rays (Ultra Violet-A / Ultraviolet-B) coming from the sun has a very bad impact on it.
Tanning, dull skin and pigmentation, sunburns are the effects of getting overexposed to the sun rays. Damage to the skin cells with those rays is not the thing that you may be wanting it.
Obviously, sitting at home to avoid the sun is also not practically possible. Now what? This is when SUNSCREEN LOTION kicks in.
- Consider applying sunscreen lotion 5-10 minutes prior to whenever you are out in the sun. Also, reapply it 1-3 times a day depending upon your sun-exposure.
Prevention is always better than cure. Applying a sunscreen lotion before exposing yourself to those rays won’t harm.
Also, this will help big time in aging.
#4) Stop Smoking/Tobacco products:
We all know the hazardous effects of smoking. But let me tell you some of them related to the SKIN.
Yes, it can screw your skin and accelerate the aging process.
Deadly chemicals found inside them totally steals away your beauty ruins your skin quality – which is a BIG NO NO!
You may have noticed that the chain smokers always look older than their actual age.
They usually have dark, dull, clogged and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking is a Vaso-Constrictor which makes your veins narrow. Narrower the blood vessels, less the blood flow. Imagine how would flesh and skin look like if the blood flow is obstructed, and the desired amount is not reaching there.
Better blood flow to the skin rejuvenates it.
- It overrides the flow of oxygen in your skin giving you a dull, dark, wrinkled and discolored one.
- Reduces the COLLAGEN production – which affects the elasticity of the skin. It gives your skin strength and firmness.
Being so much occupied with work-load, most of the people are living a sedentary lifestyle.
For having that charming glowing skin, you gotta have an active lifestyle.
By exercise, I do not mean by necessarily joining a gym, but you should do any sort of physical activity.
Exercising will keep the blood rushing and flowing as it increases the blood flow.
Blood flow towards the skin cells is very important to make it look younger, rejuvenated, and flawless.
Also, EXERCISING will keep your hormones optimized, stress levels at bay, which plays an important role for better skin health.
#6) Vitamins Antioxidants & Supplementation:
Vitamins not only play an important role in bodily functions, but also in skin health.
Nowadays because of so much adulteration in food especially in India, we can’t be sure about whether we are actually getting those required micro-nutrients from the food.
Adding a multivitamin, an antioxidant, and other essential vitamins won’t harm.
Mainly Vitamin C and Vitamin E are the antioxidants that will help you with skin repair.
They decrease the free radicals in your body. You must have definitely found them in most of the skincare products as they both are the key ingredients in it.
Deficiency of these two vitamins can increase the risk of skin damage, though it is rare.
If you feel that you aren’t getting enough of these micronutrients from your food, you can buy it over the counter from any medical store and add it to your diet.
Disclaimer: *Please consult a Doctor before. This information is not intended to be used as a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment*
- Becadexamine / Supradin – Multivitamins
- Antoxid – Antioxidants
- LIMCEE / CELIN – Vitamin C chewable tablets
- EVION 400 – Vitamin E capsules
- Fish Oil (Omega 3s)
- Drink Coconut Water– has amazing hydrating properties and contains ample electrolytes.
- Quality Sleep has beauty benefits too, get enough of it. Lack of sleep will surely take a toll over your skin health and make it dull. Dark circles are enough to prove this.
- Avoid Sugar & Refined Processed foods.
- Wash your face/take a shower before you sleep (mainly the oily skinned ones). Also, wash your face when you wake up.
- Consider using a moisturizer especially during the winters (optional).
- Opt for a fash wash/body wash instead of soap bars (fairly less harsh for your skin). If you have an ACNE PRONE SKIN – go for a face wash with salicylic acid. It kills the acne-causing bacterias.
There are no shortcuts. No product-no magic which will provide you results overnight.
These are the long term care and precautions that you will need to take for having that googly-woogly glowing skin.
Irrespective of our skin types, we need to take care of it and keep it ever shining.
Instead of putting so much money on different fancy products, why not just fix your lifestyle and follow some of these foundation tips making conscious efforts.
These 6 tips for glowing skin will surely be of help to you. Keep Shining!
Was the article useful? Out of 6 tips for glowing skin, which of the above-mentioned hacks do you follow? Just curious, Let me know in the comment box below.