Stop falling for those marketing gimmicks which make you believe that you need each and every supplement out there!
As I always say, SUPPLEMENTS are supplementary – NOT MANDATORY!
They just provide you an extra 5-10% edge, and you do not need them as long as you are being able to get them from the food sources.
Despite this fact these supplement companies market & position them differently. Hence, you keep on buying the variety of ones being a milking cow for them.
Think logically guys – There is each and every stand-alone supplement available, does that mean you will start buying all of them?
Obviously, you would just invest in the essential ones which actually works being the best bang for your buck.
So here I’m listing the top 3 best bodybuilding supplements which you should buy instead of wasting your hard-earned money on ‘so many’ in the market.
1) Whey Protein:
Gym-goers and the people who are physically active have a much higher requirement of PROTEIN than the ones who
are sedentary/do not live an active lifestyle. Also, it becomes hard & struggling for them to eat so much protein in a day.
My top pick out of the 3 best bodybuilding supplements would definitely be “Whey Protein” which comes out to be an ALL-IN-ONE supplement providing the best value for the money.
What is a Whey Protein?
It is the purest form of protein made out of milk. Whey has a complete ‘amino acid profile’ containing all the amino acids in it. This even includes 9 essential amino acids (EAA) – which your body can’t produce on its own.
Benefits of Whey Protein:
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – Apart from building & preserving muscles, it helps in managing the weight.
- CONVENIENCE – You can get approx. 25grams of protein on-the-go. No matter whether you are out somewhere or traveling. Sipping on whey protein always comes out to be a handy option.
- ABSORPTION – Easy absorption and digestion. Deliver a quick flow of amino acids to your body.
- SAVIOR FOR THE VEGETARIANS and the people who cannot complete their daily protein quota – It gets hard to complete the daily protein needs. Protein powder will definitely help you with this.
- GLUTAMINE & BCAAs – As I said earlier, it is an all-rounder supplement that even has Glutamine & BCAAs in it. You do not need to buy them separately.
- Instead of buying BCAA & GLUTAMINE separately, invest in a decent whey protein that will be providing you all of it. Simply just increase 1 scoop of it.
- You can even consider investing in some protein bars. They serve out as a great meal replacement during traveling or when you are too busy/short of time.
Which one to buy? – You can opt for any whey protein brand as long as it is a trusted and good one.
2) Fish Oil (Omega-3 fatty acids):
FISH OIL would be my second pick amongst the 3 best bodybuilding supplements.
They are full of OMEGA3s which are the healthiest fats you want.
OMEGA-3s are one of the most missed out nutrients in our diet. The refined oil which we usually consume has very little of it, and are very high in Omega 6 fatty acids which causes major inflammation in the body.
We generally tend to pick chicken for our protein needs missing out on the ultimate food source which is “fish”. Food sources containing omega-3s are also very limited – except seafood.
Fish oil is another all-rounder supplement that has numerous health benefits apart from bodybuilding. Gym-goers should actually consider investing in this one.
Some of the Benefits of Fish Oil:
- Assists in body recovery, fat loss & muscle growth.
- Savior for the heart health – helps in regulating the blood pressure & cholesterol levels. Also, reduces the chances of developing cardiac-related problems.
- Supports healthy bone & joint health – Must for them those who lift HEAVY ass weights!
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces inflammation in the body.
- Also very helpful for healthy glowing skin & eyes.
Which one to buy? – Any brand is good to go with. Just make sure it has a high amount of EPA & DHA in it (types of omega 3 fatty acids). Most of the brands which you would find have fairly less of them and the rest of the capsules are filled with fillers – which we obviously don’t want!
If I need to recommend one, then surely it would be this one. Triple strength with a higher EPA: DHA ratio. Unlike others, you don’t need to have 3 capsules per day – 1 a day is enough.
On top of that, most of the time there are discounts going on at Amazon so you may get it at a very cheaper price.
The most effective and my last pick out of the 3 best bodybuilding supplements.
If you lift heavy weights and looking out for reaping the performance benefits then you should definitely add this.
What is Creatine?
Creatine is a naturally occurring amino acid that our body produces. Creatine boosts ATP (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate) production which is the form of energy used by the muscles and the body.
The majority of the creatine is stored inside the muscles. Even most of the non-veg foods contain creatine in them. Out of all, fish and red meat have the highest amount of it.
Some of the Benefits of Creatine:
- It is a cell volumizer that pulls out water inside the muscle cells making muscles appear larger & tighter.
- Drawing of the fluids inside the muscle cells also indirectly promotes vascularity.
- Drastically increases your STRENGTH & LIFTS which eventually results in MORE GAINS. It even helps older adults who are having strength & muscle wasting issues.
- It enhances post-workout recovery and prevents injuries.
- Helps in brain function too – Especially very useful during the phase when you are having fewer calories and your brain & body are struggling with low energy levels.
- Cheapest and the most phenomenal supplement which actually makes it worth every penny of yours.
Don’t fall for any fancy forms of creatine because of its marketing and positioning.
“Creatine monohydrate is the most widely used form of creatine. On top of that, it is the cheapest form and good to stick with. Hell NO, it does not cause water retention”.
Make sure that you are drinking ample water throughout the day. Just increase 1 liter on top of your normal water intake. Target around 3 to 5 liters/day.
Recommended dosage/ When to take it:
3-5 grams/day is a good safe dose to go with. It is completely safe to use within the recommended dosages.
The fact is, creatine takes at least around an hour to get into your bloodstream, and more 1-2 hrs. to get into your muscles and get stored. This stored form of creatine is used as an ATP i.e. energy source.
Think it like glycogen stores – It takes time for the carbs to get broken down and get stored in the form of glycogen in the muscles.
So basically don’t stress yourself on taking it PRE or POST WORKOUT immediately. That funda doesn’t apply. You can take it at any time of your day.
Preferably in the morning, 3-4 hours before your workout, or post-workout.
*No you don’t necessarily need those fruit juices along with creatine for its absorption. Your body will still absorb it no matter whether you take it with some drink, protein, or just plain water.
What are the top best bodybuilding supplements as per you? Which ones do you use?