Being a GYM JUNKIE you must be quite familiar with ‘Coffee Before Workout’. In fact, you must be also taking it if you don’t use a Pre-Workout Supplement.
After all, Coffee before gym comes out to be the cheapest pre-workout drink for that energy-buzz and thermogenic rush – which actually works!
We all know the black coffee benefits, but coconut oil in coffee? What’s there in the coconut oil?
Coconut oil has tons of benefits and black coffee with coconut oil can be used as an INSANE PRE-WORKOUT DRINK!
Black Coffee with Coconut Oil
Why everyone has started hailing about this powerful combo of black coffee with coconut oil? This may just sound like another fad to you, but it works very well – tried & tested.
Especially very famous amongst the ketogenic community those who follow the keto diet.
Unlike other Saturated fats which are long-chained fatty acids, Coconut Oil is rich in MCTs which are “Medium Chain Triglycerides” a.k.a medium-chain fatty acids.
MCTs get rapidly absorbed in the body providing you an “INSTANT FUEL” to be used as energy.
They have a glycogen-sparing effect and works as an alternative energy source along with the carbohydrate stores fueling and powering your workout!
Moreover, Coconut oil contains generally around 50-60% MCTs in it (may vary).
Black Coffee is a stimulant + Coconut oil – an instant source of ENERGY, together they both have synergistic effects. This makes it a fantastic pre-workout drink.
More Info about MCTs
MCTs being quick-absorbing fats are utilized as energy instead of getting stored as body fat.
There are 4 types of MCTs namely:
- Caproic acid (C6)
- Caprylic Acid (C8)
- Capric Acid (C10)
- Lauric Acid (C12).
The last number is the no. of carbon atoms they possess. Shorter the carbon atom, quicker & more efficiently your body metabolizes it to use it as energy.
They say that the majority of the coconut oil is loaded with lauric acid (C12) which is the cheapest form of MCT. While PURE MCT OIL has a different profile containing mainly C6 & C8. Hence the name ‘MEDIUM CHAINED’.
Obviously, PURE MCT OIL would have more pronounced effects compared to coconut oil as it contains purer and 100% concentrated amounts of MCTs in it.
Let’s dive into the
Benefits of Black Coffee with Coconut Oil / MCT Oil
- Coconut oil in coffee adds up flavor making it more delicious.
- Works great while on Low-Carb or Ketogenic Diet.
- Black Coffee with Coconut Oil Pre-Workout works as a power station providing a quick supply of energy for a KILLER WORKOUT!
- MCTs may reduce lactate buildup during working out, running, or sprinting. Rising lactate levels can mess up your performance.
- Better FOCUS, mood, alertness, and mental health.
- It helps you to make better “MIND-TO-MUSCLE CONNECTION”.
- Black coffee with coconut oil also works as a natural appetite suppressant. MCTs make you feel satiated and energetic for longer, curbing the cravings for food.
- This combo might assist you in losing weight by boosting your metabolism – burning more calories. But again, fat loss boils down to calorie deficit and your overall calorie intake.
- Additionally, Improves Skin Health.
Ever wondered why people insist on having a balanced diet? It’s not just carbs which make you happier. Going super low on fats can also make you feel cranky and give you a bad mood.
Generally, people miss up on good fats over unhealthy fatty stuff.
Coconut oil in black coffee surely enriches its benefits making it a superb combo.
Adding good fats in your diet have a lot to do with your hormones, performance & sex drive, hunger-levels, mental health, and overall mood.
and last but not least, eating FATS doesn’t make you fat, having excess calories than required does.
Which one to use COCONUT OIL or PURE MCT OIL?
You can absolutely use coconut oil which is way too cheaper/budget-friendly and serves the purpose. Any edible coconut oil is good to go with.
Or else you can opt for PURE MCT OIL if you’re okay putting some more money, looking to reap the full benefits of it.
CHOICE IS YOURS !! Either way, both do the job.
NOTE: Too much PURE MCTs can give you discomfort in the gut. Don’t overuse it. Using 1 tbsp as a pre-workout is good to go with. Pre-workout time is the perfect time to utilize them.
Quick Pre-Workout Drink Recipe
- Boil a cup of hot water.
- Add Coffee as per your desired amount/tolerance level.
- Add some Cinnamon.
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil / Pure MCT OIL.
- 5-10grms of Sugar (Not on keto*) as per your macros/daily requirements (Optional). Yes, you can even have some sugar during your fat loss journey. As I always say, Flexible approach – Balance & Moderation is the key.
- Mix it nicely – or else you can even use a blender.
BOOOOM!! Killer Pre-Workout Drink is ready.
Just have it 10-15 minutes before your workout and see the magic!
But wait, Fats immediately before a workout is a NO NO right? That’s the catch with Coconut Oil / MCTs. As I said earlier, Unlike other fats they aren’t slow absorbing.
Your body quickly metabolizes it and serve it as an instant energy source.
This will sure shot give you an UPPER HIGH keeping you ALL FIRED UP during the whole workout session.
NOTE: This drink isn’t a pre-workout meal replacement.
Are you a COFFEE LOVER? Prepare your OWN FRESH BREWED COFFEE anywhere