High-Intensity Workout at Home i.e HIIT as effective as GYM (NEW STUDY REVEALED)
“I don’t have enough time to workout or go to the gym”
You could be one of those justifying your non-active sedentary lifestyle by saying this. Okay, let’s consider that you have genuine reasons for not getting time. Also, joining a gym can be an expensive option for some.
But what if I say you that you can improve all your health markers such as heart health, body composition, hormonal responses which also includes the ability to regulate your blood glucose, etc. just by working out at home?
Yes, you don’t need those fancy expensive equipment and club memberships for making a fitter you and improvising your lifestyle. NO FITNESS STUDIOS needed!!
We all know the excellent ‘benefits of exercise’ on our overall health and fitness levels. These benefits you can get just by working out 15-20 minutes at your home itself.
HIIT Workout at Home (The Study)
The government recommends at least 150 mins of moderate intensity activity every week for adults in order to stay healthy.
Latest research has concluded that one can get the same results with three 20 minutes high-intensity workout sessions at home as 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity every week. HIIT at home is a time-efficient tool and an effective way to improve health parameters, especially in obese people having a higher risk of developing cardiovascular/heart diseases.
Moreover, it also resulted in an improved density of muscle fiber capillaries and NITRIC OXIDE bioavailability in them.
In simple terms, muscle capillaries are the small blood vessels which carry all the adequate blood, oxygen, nutrients, and different growth factors to the muscle. Adequate passage of these things to the muscle is critical for maintaining muscle mass, muscle building, and vascularity.
The study was published in The Journal of Physiology.
What is HIIT?
HIIT stands of High-Intensity Interval Training – Intense training done with short intervals. The short intervals which you take between the sets are the desired recovery/rest time for you and your heart.
The idea is to keep your heart rate elevated throughout the session. This maximizes the calorie burn and also ensures that more work is done in much lesser time. The focus is on the quality of minutes spent over the quantity.
Benefits of High-Intensity Training at Home
- Saves your hard-earned money. NO GYM MEMBERSHIPS required!
- Home-based HIIT exercises are simple bodyweight exercises which anyone can perform, even people with low fitness levels, that too without any equipment.
- Time efficient i.e provides results consuming much less of your time.
- No more procrastination (Will go to the gym from tomorrow. Errrr!! From Monday. Ummm definitely next Monday!!)
- Can increase adherence i.e commitment of a person with the exercise resulting in longevity.
- Amazing fat loss tool in conjunction with a calorie deficit diet.
- Enhances EPOC – Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption. This fires up your metabolism for the next 24-48hrs. Your body continues to burn calories even while at rest or sleeping.
- Highly Glycolytic – Uses more of the carbohydrates as a fuel. This can increase your glycogen storage capacity. You can load MORE CARBS and utilize them.
Some Home-based HIIT exercises
Things to note:
1) Mobility is very important. Always warm up your body before starting out any exercise. Jumps/Skipping can be done for it. Perform stretches of each and every muscle groups including your wrists.
- You can do some push-ups and free squats.
- Standing calf raises.
- Support yourself against a wall and perform some ankle rotations (15-20 reps clockwise then anti-clockwise).
2) Every exercise will be performed in the clusters of sets with only 15-30 seconds rest periods.
Eg: You did 1 set of 20 reps of free squats – 15 to Max 30secs rest (depending on your cardiovascular fitness levels) – Proceed to the 2nd set. Again 20 reps free squats – interval – REPEAT!!!
3) Your workout would last for 15-20 minutes. All the exercises will be done back to back with only 15-30secs rest intervals. You can perform 3-4 sets of each exercise.
1) JUMPING JACKS
2) ALI SHUFFLES
4) ROTATING TOE TOUCHES
5) JUMPING SQUATS
6) DONKEY KICKS
7) ONE LEG LUNGES
8) JUMPING LUNGES
9) MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
Training hard & SMART always works. When it comes to improving your health & wellness and fixing your lifestyle, you don’t necessarily need a GYM!
At least you can spare 15-20minutes 3-4 times in a week at home for your wellness?
Overweight individuals with an elevated risk of heart diseases can benefit a lot from these home-based HIT i.e High-Intensity Training.
These exercises can be a killer high-intensity cardio workout at home for you all.